If I can do this anyone can. #easyshiz
So, maybe this is common sense, but I thought I’d share the 5-cent technique with all of my fellow non-bakers out there, since I had no idea this was even possible. All you need is a box of cake mix in any flavor (and the ingredients to create the cake — usually water, oil and a few eggs), a tub of frosting of your choice, a bundt pan and an ability to follow the simplest directions in history.
1. Bake the cake first by following the directions on the back of the box. Anyone can do this. Don’t forget to prep the pan accordingly. I short-cut this step by spraying with Pillsbury all purpose baking spray with flour.
2. Let the cake cool. Don’t rush this step. Then remove from pan and place on a plate or cake stand.
3. Dump your entire tub of frosting into a small pot on the stove top.
4. Stir continuously over low heat…
…until the frosting liquifies.
5. Pour all over your cake.
6. Once the cake is completely covered with the sauce, refrigerate to let the frosting set. If you must take it elsewhere, I’d recommend transporting it in a carrier. I covered mine with aluminum foil last night (I also failed to refrigerate first, because I was in a rush as usual) and the whole gorgeous thing smeared.
7. Show that shit off like you slaved over it for an entire day and enjoy. Beats the hell out of frosting the whole thing by hand (this is a LOT quicker) and makes for a prettier dessert, too!